SX-3000 Modem SoC ASIC
SatixFy’s SX-3000 is an industry leading unique VSAT modem SoC ASIC. The device is a core element in providing DVB-S2X/RCS2 Software Defined Radio (SDR) with true beam hopping wide-band HTS terminals
SX-3000 Modem SDR SoC ASIC
SatixFy’s SX-3000 is a highly integrated Software Defined Radio (SDR) System on a Chip (SoC) Application Specific Integrated Circuit (ASIC). The device is purpose built to serve as a core component in VSAT modem product.
The device is designed to provide one integrated component for a complete VSAT modem. The SX-3000 is fully compliant DVB-S2X/RCS2 mod/demo with up to 500 Msps HTS transponder throughput rate. In addition to providing a basic VSAT modem SDR functions, additional embedded CPUs (dual core MIPS) and multiple DSPs (CEVA XC-323) enable advanced features such as beam hopping and custom designed features. The device is designed to serve as a foundation of any VSAT modem system. Applications from standard satellite broadcast products to mobile satellite data terminals (IP – internet, TV broadcast) are good examples of the SX-3000’s capability.
A crucial component of the SX-3000 device use is a ready set of software routines, algorithms and development tools. SatixFy provides a basic set of functions for satellite communication. A complete software development environment enable product developers to provide additional features and extend basic VSAT modem communication capability. With additional computing resources (CPUs, DSPs and I/Os) SatixFy is partnering with developers to create new products with our VSAT modem as a foundation.
The SX-3000 specifications cover the latest VSAT standards (DVB-S2X/RCS2). The ASIC also delivers additional programmable features designed for long term system viability ensuring future-proof products. Today’s VSAT modem designs need to stay compliant with future standards and enable future development in an ever changing communication landscape.
- Fully compliant DVB-S2/S2X mod/demod
- Wideband 500 Msps HTS transponder support with slicing (Annex M) [DVB / ETSI spec]
- Beam hopping Superframe ready (Annex E) [DVB / ETSI spec]
- 4 Receive channels, including Channel Bonding
- Internal 12 bit ADC/DAC or external inter-face (JESD 204B)
- Very low SNR reception (VLSNR)
- DVB-RCS2 or proprietary MF-TDMA return channel
- 3 GB Ethernet interfaces
- Built-in AES 256 encryption engine
- MIPS dual-core host CPU for multiple applications
- Multiple CEVA XC-323 DSPs.
SX-3000 Evaluation and Software Development
Software Defined Radio (SDR) is a powerful method to design unique features and control limitations in radio design. SatixFy’s SDR design enables wide programming capabilities for algorithmic signal conditioning and processing. SDR algorithm design and optimization is an involved task. SatixFy’s software development package gives developers access to algorithms, software routines and a development environment. SatixFy provides comprehensive evaluation and development packages including support and training services.
Complete functionality and performance evaluation package
- 2 SatixFy L-band terminals with SX-3000 chips
- Documentation and support
Software development package: program the chip DSPs and CPU
- DSP & CPU JTAG debugger probe
- DSP & CPU development suite
- SX-3000 Software bundle (Object)
- Linux BSP and Modem Driver
- One year SW updates: tools and modem
- Documentation and Support
- Source code software package
Source code written by SatixFy
- GSE decapsulation reference code
- RCS2 modulator Phy reference code
- One year SW updates
Please fill the form below for the SX-3000 brochure (PDF)
Consumer VSAT Modem Platform
The highly integrated SX-3000 SDR SoC ASIC, together with the required RF and peripheral electronics, yield a simple solution to manufacture an affordable compact VSAT board. SatixFy’s demonstration board fits inside an indoor or outdoor unit enclosure. The design is a proof-of-concept product with basic VSAT modem for data and broadcast consumer application.
The SX-3000 SDR ASIC addresses the need for the next generation VSAT modems. The S-IDU is a basic indoor unit design demonstrating an economically viable product with up to date standards (i.e. DVB-S2X/RCS2) and features (i.e. multi-beam, beam hopping). The O-IDU is a compact outdoor proof-of-concept product specifically designed to meet consumer and low-cost market needs (i.e. broadband Internet, IoT/M2M, IP – internet).
Main S-IDU Specifications
- Standard: DVB-S2X, DVB-S2, ACM
- Number of channels: 1
- Symbol rate: 120Ksps – 125Msps (500Mbps)
- Roll off: Down to 5%
- Modulation: QPSK, 8PSK, 16APSK, 32APSK
- Coding: LDPC & BCH
- FEC rates: All DVB-S2 and DVB-S2X rates
- Standard: DVB-RCS2 or Proprietary (SDR)
- Number of channels: 1
- Symbol rate: 128Ksps – 10MSps (20Mbps)
- Roll off: 10%, 15%, 20%, 25%, 35%
- Modulation: BPSK, QPSK, 8PSK, 16QAM
- Coding: Turbo 16 state
- FEC rates: 1/3, 1/2, 2/3, 3/4, 5/6, 6/7
- Data: Two Ethernet ports: 10/100/1000, RJ-45
- Console: Serial RS-232 using RJ-45 connector
- RF (Rx): L-band: 950 – 2150 MHz
- RF (Tx): L-band: 950 – 2400 MHz
For more information and a demonstration, please contact SatixFy