S-ODU wideband DVB-S2X outdoor VSAT
The S-ODU brings to market the lowest cost complete hardware product capable of utilizing all the technological advances brought to the market by HTS satellites, such as high capacity and efficient space segment utilization. The S-ODU is powered by SatixFy’s SX-3000 SDR ASIC and is a generic hardware platform enabling any VSAT manufacturer to port their existing software stack into this small size, low cost, high-performance remote. The terminal supports the newest DVB-S2X standard including the capability to work with wideband transponders up to 500MHz, time slicing (DVB S2X Annex M) and beam-hopping based on the super-frame structure (DVB S2X Annex E). The S-ODU includes built-in hardware accelerators for high bit rate operation, such as Generic Stream (GSE) de-capsulation.
SatixFy’s S-ODU VSAT modem platform
SatixFy’s S-ODU is a VSAT modem platform designed for software feature development. The unit is an outdoor consumer ready package. Functionally the S-ODU is a complete VSAT modem physical layer terminal with the latest DVB-S2X (Annex E and M) and DVB-RCS2 standards capability. Future features such as beam hopping capability is already designed in. The design couples the SX-3000’s SDR SoC ASIC and RF front end (BUC and LNB). The S-ODU extended to a specific solution reduces CAPEX and OPEX using the latest technology.
- Standard: DVB-S2X, DVB-S2, ACM
- Number of channels: 1
- Encapsulation: GSE, MPE, Baseband Frame
- Symbol rate: 120Ksps – 125Msps
- Bit Rage: up to 750Mbps
- Roll off: 5%, 10%, 15%, 20%, 25%, 35%
- Modulation: QPSK, 8PSK, 16APSK, 32APSK, 64APSK, 128APSK, 256APSK
- Coding: LDPC & BCH
- FEC rates: All DVB-S2 and DVB-S2X rates
- Standard: DVB-RCS2 or Proprietary (SDR)
- Number of channels: 1
- Symbol rate: 128Ksps – 10MSps (20Mbps)
- Roll off: 10%, 15%, 20%, 25%, 35%
- Modulation: BPSK, QPSK, 8PSK, 16QAM
- Coding: Turbo 16 state
- FEC rates: 1/3, 1/2, 2/3, 3/4, 5/6, 6/7
- RF output power: ½ W (27 dBm)
- Ethernet RJ45: Single Cat5 Ethernet with PoE
Environmental and Mechanical
- Dimensions: 168 x 181 x 72 mm
- Dimensions without feed horn: 152.5 x 116 x 72 mm
- Weight: 1.5 Kg
- Operating temp: -40 °C to 60 °C
For more information and a demonstration, please contact SatixFy
Please fill the form below for the S-ODU brochure (PDF)
S-ODU Key Benefits for Developers
SatixFy’s S-ODU is the right choice for next generation VSAT modems. S-ODU key benefits for developers:
- Ready to deploy outdoor platform
- Software Defined Radio – SDR: enables proprietary and unique return and forward channel implementations
- Complete DVB-S2X implementation (Annex E) for future-proof products
- Enables porting application software stack to the SX-3000 ASIC
- Excellent performance
- Capable Hardware/firmware platform to develop L2 and above applications
SatixFy’s S-ODU is a base VSAT modem platform designed as a SATCOM communication product enabler. The unit provides base VSAT physical layer terminal with advanced features. SatixFy partners with end-user enterprise (business, industrial) and consumer SATCOM service providers to design complete solutions. The unit is customized by adding software features and hardware integration (i.e. connectivity to networks). Services targeted at data-centric applications are a good fit (i.e. internet, VoIP, cellular backhaul, remote and mobile).
S-ODU Applications and Target Products
The SatixFy platform is designed for product and service customization. The S-ODU with additional software features is ready for end-user products. SATCOM service providers can port their existing software stack to the S-ODU to benefit from low-cost and advanced features. With a data centric architecture, VSAT applications categories:
- Consumer and enterprise broadband IP/VoIP VSAT router
- Direct to home (DTH) UHD-TV over satellite
- GSM/LTE backhaul
- Mobile TV & Radio
- Remote M2M/SCADA Communication
- 60 GHz small cell backhaul
- ATM / POS
- WiFi Hotspot
- Any IP service
VSAT modem based on S-ODU yields
- Highly integrated and compact design.
- Efficient operation using the SX-3000 SDR ASIC.
- Secure product and feature code in embedded ASIC device.
- Unique customization of value-added features to VSAT modems.
- Standards based product with pre-developed software and hardware.